- white vinegar
- microwave-safe bowl
- toothpick or chopstick
- a damp sponge or paper towels
- To clean the microwave with vinegar steam you’ll first pour equal parts vinegar and water (I use one cup of each) in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Add a chopstick or toothpick to the bowl-this breaks the surface area of the water to help prevent superheating and “popping” of the water than can leads to splashes and burns.
- Microwave the vinegar water on high power for 7 minutes, then allow it to sit an additional 3 minutes without opening the door.
- When you open the microwave door be cautious of the built-up vinegar steam. Carefully remove the bowl and the turntable-both will be hot.
- Use a damp sponge to wipe down the sides, top and bottom of the microwave-it should wipe clean easily.
- Wash the turntable in the sink and you’re all done!
Use caution when opening microwave as steam will have built up inside.